Learn how to silence your negative self-talk, and speak your fulfillment into existence, (in 30 days, or less).
"You're not smart enough," "You're too old," "Your idea isn't original," "You'll never find love at that size"... Now that you've met the cynical jerk that lives in my brain, I ask, can you relate?
Don't you hate how that negative self-talk, jumps out exactly when you're finally ready to put yourself out there? It knows precisely which insecurities to target, in the cruelest ways, at the worst times.
How many times have you allowed that negative self-talk, to sabotage your progress?
You don't have to remain hostage, to your self-sabotaging, self-talk anymore!
Some of What You'll Learn in The 9 Sections of The Art of Positive Self-Talk:
1) How to become aware of your inner self-talk.
Bombarded with distractions, and never-ending "to do" lists, it's easy to be unaware of our inner self-talk. It's the reason we mean to grab a healthy lunch and end up inhaling a Super Sized #1 instead. Learn how to become aware of your self-talk, like a "fly on the wall" of your internal conversations.
2) How to interact with your inner self-talk.
Go from being a "fly on the wall" of your internal dialogue, to consciously and deliberately engaging in your inner self-talk. Build your positive self-talk, while silencing your self-defeating negative self-talk.
You're training your positive self-talk to hit back, silencing your negative inner critic (and to win by knock out every time)!
3) How to keep your positive self-talk strong.
There are multiple influences that our inner self-talk mimics. You must identify the voices contributing to your internal self-talk. Understanding who feeds your positive self-talk vs. your negative self-talk is critical to keeping your positive self-talk resilient.
4) How to call B.S on your false truths, and self-limiting beliefs.
Uncover your false truths and self-limiting beliefs,so that you can silence your inner critic, and get out of your own way.
Because you can't defeat your negative self-talk, without actually getting into language, you'll also learn:
5) How your perceptions and perspectives affect your definitions of words and ideas.
If you think the dictionary assigns words their meaning, you're unaware of your power. Words have layers of meaning. Our definitions of the words we commonly use often mislead us from taking appropriate actions to our desired results.
6) You'll become conscious of how language can deceive you.
Many words appear to be opposites though they share common traits. For example, we can feel jealous of someone; however, when we dig deeper, we find that we're inspired to obtain something they have. Recognizing the positive element within the negative context makes confronting feelings more comfortable. It also allows us clarity to resolve the issue.
Realizing you're inspired by (rather than jealous) by what someone has achieved, encourages you to be more proactive about your own goals. Our negative perception of jealousy makes the person feeling it seem dirty and untrustworthy. In contrast, our perception of inspired is positive, and something we often seek.
Masterfully navigating your perceptions of words empowers you to use words that increase your odds of success rather than go along with the popular consensus of a word or idea.
(Think of it as creating a navigation system as specific to you as your unique fingerprints, rather than using the same navigation system everybody else uses).
7) I'm going to share my unsexy hack, allowing you to look at a situation from another perception, dramatically increasing your chances of success and fulfillment.
Seriously, it's the "granny panties" of hacks, but it will help take you from operating in a reactive mindset, (where you're only moving forward because of circumstances rather than choice), to a proactive mindset, (where you're moving forward on your own terms, with an abundance of available options).
And much more!
Neuroplasticity is the ability of the brain to form and reorganize synaptic connections.
The key is activating as many of these pathways as possible.
With deliberate practice, you can retrain your self-talk, to become positive, leading to a growth mindset.
"Working with at risk children for over 20 years, suffering from abuse or neglect, I see the heartbreaking affects of negative self-talk. I realized how negative my own self-talk had become. Taking this course has been the most significant investment I've made in myself. Not only have I reaped the benefits of this course, but I'm empowering the kids and their care-givers with what I've learned. It truly starts with your thoughts and how you speak to yourself; from there the sky is the limit".
- Jenny Redondo - NYS Department of Child and Family Services
Who is The Art of Positive Self-Talk For?
- You're ready to commit to your success, and fulfillment, (rather than your excuses). Your ready to take that negative voice head on now!
- You realize that your self-talk feeds your mindset, impacting every aspect of your life.
- You realize that haphazardly applying advice from friends, family, coworkers and internet blog posts, has kept you chasing your tail for far too long.
- You're ready to follow a detailed road map, be held accountable, and have a supportive community behind you, as you finally keep your promise to yourself.
- You can see yourself walking in an impenetrable armor of self-love and self-respect, and living the life of your dreams.
The Health Benefits of Positive Thinking (Mayo Clinic)
Researchers continue to explore the effects of positive thinking and optimism on health.
Health benefits that positive thinking may provide include:
- Increased life span
- Lower rates of depression
- Lower levels of distress
- Greater resistance to the common cold
- Better psychological and physical well-being
- Better cardiovascular health and reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
- Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
Who The Art of Positive Self-Talk is NOT For:
1) You're comfortable repeating the same cycles, and patterns that have you chasing your tail.
2) You believe your fulfillment and success are someone else's responsibility.
3) You want a magic pill, zero work, and no accountability.
4) You want to purchase a self-help program, that you'll "try" to fit in when you can.
5) You'd rather spend your money on more clothes, vacations, and distractions, than commit to your personal growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Enduring abusive relationships and toxic friendships, I remained crippled by fear of failure, low self-esteem, and self-consciousness for over a decade. Growing in self-awareness and mastering my self-talk helped me transform step into my power to become a Mother, Entrepreneur, Author, and more importantly, a person living with a healthy growth mindset. I understand the mental shift it takes to heal from the negativity of others, (which directly contributes to our own negative self-talk).
I offer you the toughness to help you cut through your fears and self-limiting beliefs, and the compassion to gently reassure and cheer you on, when fear keeps you repeating sabotaging patterns.
My mission is to bring you, to your own attention, so that you can create whatever fulfillment is to you.
Wishing you the courage to begin, and the resilience to follow through, - Lisa Latimer
Leading behavioral research shows as much as 77% of what you think is negative. Self-Talk is one of your most powerful tools in living abundant in fulfillment and success. Your brain believes whatever you tell it, (often enough). Methodically developing positive self-talk, feeds your brain the positive that it needs to drown out the negative.
"This course came at a great time. I was stuck in the same position at work for too long, but was scared to put myself out there for a promotion. Working with Lisa really helped me look at things from a different perspective. The mindset shift happened quickly, and gave me the courage to move into the position I currently have today. If you need a nudge to build forward momentum, this is it".
- Nicole Strollo (North Shore LIJ)
I'd like to personally thank you for your interest in The Art of Positive Self-Talk, as well as congratulate you on your steps forward. I'ts my privilege and joy to be of service to you along your journey. Your courage is inspiring. I understand taking a leap of faith, (no matter if it's your first leap, or another one of many), is never easy. For every reason you're telling yourself that you can't do this, or why this course won't work for you, there's a stronger voice you can learn to develop, that will silence that self-sabotaging voice. I'm here to lend you my belief, as you learn to speak that belief to yourself. I leave you with one of my favorite quotes about speaking to yourself.
“A man speaking sense to himself is no madder than a man speaking nonsense not to himself.” - Tom Stoppard
SEE YOU IN CLASS!