Learn how to silence your negative self-talk, and speak your fulfillment into existence, (in 30 days, or less).
"You're not smart enough", "You're too old", "Your idea isn't original", "You'll never find love at that size"... Now that you've met the negative jerk that lives in my brain, I ask, can you relate?
Don't you hate how that negative voice, jumps out exactly when you take on something new, (finally ready to take a leap of faith)? It seems to know exactly which insecurities to dig at, in the most cruel ways, at the worst times.
How many times have you allowed that negative voice, to sabotage your progress? How often does that voice, have a platform to speak down to you, (without you jabbing back)?
You don't have to remain hostage, to your self-sabotaging, self-talk anymore!
Some of What You'll Learn in The 9 Sections of The Art of Positive Self-Talk:
1) How to become aware of your inner self-talk.
Bombarded with distractions, and never ending "to do" lists, it's easy to be unaware of your inner self-talk. It's the reason you mean to grab a healthy lunch, and end up inhaling a Super Sized #1 instead. Learn how to become aware of your self-talk; essentially becoming a "fly on the wall" of your internal conversations.
2) How to interact with your inner self-talk.
Go from being a "fly on the wall" of your internal dialogue, to consciously and deliberately engaging in your inner self-talk. Build your positive self-talk, while knocking down your self-defeating negative self-talk.
You're the trainer, conditioning your positive voice to go round for round, with your negative voice, (and to win by knock out every time)!
3) How to keep your positive self-talk strong, by identifying your top influences, and the top threats to your positive self-talk.
You have influences that your inner self-talk mimics. It's crucial that you identify the voices contributing to your inner self-talk, and understand who is strengthening your positive, vs. those emboldening your negative. ( If you're like me, Grandma and mom, may very well be your threats).
4) How to counter punch your negative self-talk, when it knocks you on your rear end.
If you've ever decided to pursue a healthier lifestyle, launch a business, switch careers, go back to school, or open yourself up to finding love, you know that your negative voice, can rob you of that enthusiasm and momentum quickly. It stops you by holding you hostage to false truths and self- limiting beliefs.
Because you can't defeat your negative self-talk, without actually getting into language, you'll also learn:
5) How your perceptions and perspectives, shape your definitions of words and situations.
If you think the dictionary defines words, you're not realizing your own power. Your "built in" definitions, can often distract you from taking actions, that will lead to your desired results.
6) You'll become conscious of how tricky language misleads you.
Many words that seem to be opposites, often share common traits. Learning how to navigate your perceptions and perspectives of words. You'll customize your internal navigation, (using words that are specific to your success).
(Think of it as creating a navigation system, that's as specific to you, as your unique fingerprints, rather than using the same navigation system everybody else uses).
7) I'm going to share my very unsexy hack, for allowing yourself the chance to look at a situation from another perception, so that you can form a new perspective, and react in a way that greatly increases your chances of success and fulfillment.
Seriously, it's the "granny panties" of unsexy hacks, but it will help take you from operating in a reactive mindset, (where you're only moving forward because of circumstances rather than choice), to a proactive mindset, (where your're moving forward on your own terms, with an abundance of available options).
As we expand The Art of Positive Self-Talk, you will be notified of new sections, lectures, downloadable sheets, and challenges. For example, The Big "BUT" Challenge will be set up just before the New Year, to help you become aware of, and conquer the "Buts", that talk you out of achieving your goals. To sign up for the Big "But" Challenge, (without enrolling in The Art of Positive Self-Talk, please visit www.lisalatimer.com for more details.
*Everyone who enrolls in this course, benefits from access to a private Facebook group, because I believe joining a community of others on the same path, greatly increases the odds of your success.
Neuroplasticity is the ability of the brain to form and reorganize synaptic connections, especially in response to learning or experience or following.
The key is activating as many of these pathways as possible.
With deliberate practice, you can retrain your self-talk, to become positive, leading to a growth mindset.
I've been working with at risk children, suffering from abuse or neglect, for over 20 years. Every day, I see the heartbreaking affects, of negative self-talk. These kids repeat the destructive patterns, they've learned from those around them. Working in such negative environments, I realized how negative my own self-talk had become. Taking the Art of Positive Self-Talk, has been the most significant investment I've made in myself . Not only have I reaped the benefits of this course, but I'm taking what I've learned, and empowering the kids and their caregivers, with these valuable lessons. It truly starts with your thoughts and how you speak to yourself; from there the sky is the limit.
- Jenny Redondo - NYS Department of Child and Family Services
Who is The Art of Positive Self-Talk For?
- You're ready to commit to your success, and fulfillment, (rather than your excuses). Your ready to take that negative voice head on now!
- You realize that your self-talk feeds your mindset, impacting every aspect of your life.
- You realize that haphazardly applying advice from friends, family, coworkers and internet blog posts, has kept you chasing your tail for far too long.
- You're ready to follow a detailed road map, be held accountable, and have a supportive community behind you, as you finally keep your promise to yourself.
- You can see yourself walking in an impenetrable armor of self-love and self-respect, and living the life of your dreams.
The Health Benefits of Positive Thinking (Mayo Clinic)
Researchers continue to explore the effects of positive thinking and optimism on health.
Health benefits that positive thinking may provide include:
- Increased life span
- Lower rates of depression
- Lower levels of distress
- Greater resistance to the common cold
- Better psychological and physical well-being
- Better cardiovascular health and reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
- Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
Who The Art of Positive Self-Talk is NOT For:
1) You're comfortable repeating the same cycles, and patterns that have you chasing your tail.
2) You believe your fulfillment and success are someone else's responsibility.
3) You want a magic pill, zero work, and no accountability.
4) You want to purchase a self-help program, that you'll "try" to fit in when you can.
5) You'd rather spend your money on more clothes, vacations, and distractions, than commit to your personal growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Enduring two abusive relationships from sixteen to twenty eight, I remained crippled by fear of failure, low self-esteem, and self-consciousness. I understand the types of mental acrobatics it takes to begin to heal from the negativity of others, (along with your own negative self-talk). I've evolved into a fearless entrepreneur, mother, Author, and Self-Awareness facilitator, with both the toughness to help you cut through the BS holding you back, and the compassion to gently guide you, when fear keeps you running in circles.
My mission is not to tell you what you should aim for, or who you should be. My mission is to bring you, to your own attention, so that you can live aligned with your best self, and manifest whatever abundance looks and feels like to you.
Wishing you the courage to begin, and the resilience to follow through,
Your friend, Lisa Latimer
Leading behavioral research shows as much as 77% of what you think is negative. Self-Talk is one of your most powerful tools in living abundant in fulfillment and success. Your brain believes whatever you tell it, (often enough). Methodically developing positive self-talk, feeds your brain the positive that it needs to drown out the negative.
"This course came at a great time. I was stuck in the same position at work for too long, but was scared to put myself out there for a promotion. Working with Lisa really helped me look at things from a different perspective. The mindset shift happened quickly, and gave me the courage to move into the position I currently have today. If you need a nudge to build forward momentum, this is it".
- Nicole Strollo (North Shore LIJ)
I'd like to personally thank you for your interest in The Art of Positive Self-Talk, as well as congratulate you on your steps forward. I'ts my privilege and joy to be of service to you along your journey. Your courage is inspiring. I understand taking a leap of faith, (no matter if it's your first leap, or another one of many), is never easy. For every reason you're telling yourself that you can't do this, or why this course won't work for you, there's a stronger voice you can learn to develop, that will silence that self-sabotaging voice. I'm here to lend you my belief, as you learn to speak that belief to yourself. I leave you with one of my favorite quotes about speaking to yourself.
“A man speaking sense to himself is no madder than a man speaking nonsense not to himself.” - Tom Stoppard
SEE YOU IN CLASS!